- Click here to download the ‘Scholarship Information’ in PDF
- Click here to view past scholarship recipients
ASA’s Scholarship Program
An integral part of the mission of the Aerospace States Association (ASA) is to:
“… support and develop initiatives that significantly enhance student and teacher education in space and aeronautics and increases the number of students in the pipeline.”
In light of that component of the mission statement, it is proposed that ASA establish a scholarship with terms and conditions as follows:
- A $2,000 ASA scholarship, to be competed for, and awarded annually to up to two students pursuing an aerospace-related education.
- The scholarship/s shall be available each year. The student can only win once.
- The Education Committee of ASA will administer the scholarship competition.
- The ASA delegate/alternate from each member state shall publicize the scholarship through the state’s aerospace-related institutions of higher learning, career centers, and/or other appropriate entities.
- The candidate’s application for the scholarship shall include community-related activities, school-related activities, grade point average, field of study and an official transcript. An academic-based, personal letter of recommendation shall also accompany the application. These documents shall be sent to the attention of the ASA Education Committee Chair at the address on the application form for review.
- The applicant may only be an entering sophomore or junior in an undergraduate degree program pursuing study in the areas of physical sciences, engineering, or aviation or aerospace related fields.
- Scholarship candidate’s application should be submitted to the ASA Education Committee Chair by April 30th of each year.
- The scholarship would be made available for the fall school term of the year under consideration.
- The scholarship shall be awarded in the form of a check made out to the scholarship awardee/awardees appropriate school, and it shall be understood that the funds are for tuition and books only.
- The ASA member state of the recipient shall consider staging a presentation of the scholarship in the recipient’s state with the presence of the ASA representative/organization and the Lt. Governor, where applicable.