Suggested Privacy Legislation Plan 2013
April 12 Get agreement on plan from ASA members at annual meeting
May 1 Get agreement from Council of State Governments (CSG) and National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) to collaborate
May 3 Put out press release announcing the plan
May 3 Send letter to privacy stakeholder associations explaining our mission and requesting that they provide us with their version of suggested state legislation and best practices by June 1, 2013
1) Michael Toscano, AUVSI President & CEO, Toscano@auvsi.org
2) Allie Bohm, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), email@example.com
3) Amie Sepanovich, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Jennifer Lynch, Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), email@example.com
5) Steve Ingley, executive director of Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA), firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Mike Fergus, International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), Fergus@theiacp.org
7) Breanna Bock-Nielsen, National Sheriff’s Association (NSA), email@example.com
8) John Villasenor, a Brookings fellow and professor at UCLA, firstname.lastname@example.org
9) Gregory Mcneal, assistant professor, Pepperdine Law School, email@example.com
10) Ryan Calo, assistant professor, University of Washington School of Law, and affiliate scholar at Stanford, firstname.lastname@example.org
11) Doug Marshall, UAS privacy expert at New Mexico State University, email@example.com
12) Tim Adelman, UAS lawyer, who works with the U.S. Department of Justice, firstname.lastname@example.org
13) Richard Thompson, legislative attorney, Congressional Research Service, email@example.com
14) Richard Hanson, Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), firstname.lastname@example.org
June 12 Host a meeting of state government official associations to develop a draft suggested legislation proposal from the drafts provided us.
Aerospace States Association
Council of State Governments
National Conference of State Legislatures
National Governors Association
National Association of Attorneys General
June 30 Send draft to stakeholder groups and invite them to meet with us to comment and discuss in a roundtable on August 14.
August 14 Hold roundtable with stakeholders at D.C. Convention Center
August 15 Hold meeting of state government association leaders to finalize the best practices and legislation suggestions.
August 16 ASA, CSG, and NCSL transmits legislation suggestions to their members for comment
August 30 ASA transmits the final products to its members and CSG and NCSL transmit the suggested information to all state legislatures with economic study and background documents
August 30 Issue press release
Monthly ASA Telecon
For Lt. Governors, Delegates, Associate Members, and guests every third Thursday at 4:00 Eastern Time.
Implementing STEM Real World Design Challenge 2013
- The Real World Design Challenge is an annual high school competition run by a public-private partnership with the goal of sustainably increasing the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) workforce. The partners are focused on working within the context of the American educational system to transform STEM education in the United States by providing professional science and engineering and learning resources to students and teachers.
- For additional information contact: Dr. Ralph K. Coppola, Real World Design Challenge Director: phone: 703-298-6630, email: email@example.com, or go to the RWDC website to register a team and learn more www.realworlddesignchallenge.org.
Ongoing meetings of State Aerospace Organization Committee.
The purpose of the committee is to help bring state based aerospace and aviation organizations under the ASA banner to help grow aerospace and aviation in our states. Committee goals include:
- helping state aerospace and aviation organizations collaborate and share information to grow the aerospace and aviation enterprises in their states
- developing a database of state aerospace and aviation organizations
- sharing best practices, lessons learned, business models, charters, organizational models
Ongoing meetings of Aerospace Manufacturing Committee.
The goal of this committee is to improve the global competitiveness of U.S. small to medium-size aerospace manufacturers in such a way that will benefit local, state, regional and national economic interest
Real World Design Challenge National Competition
Save the Date: April 22, 2013
Real World Design Challenge National Finals: You are invited to attend the RWDC National Finals, Saturday, April 22, 2012. You will see some amazing High School students and have an opportunity to have your picture taken with your state’s winning team. The RWDC has had 43% growth over the past year! The Real World Design Challenge is now the largest & fastest growing STEM Programs in the country and the largest aviation education program in the world!